For Forty years now, the name Stumpjumper has been synonymous with mountain biking. It has been the standard bearer for state of the art trail bikes since the dawn of the sport. And the all-new Stumpjumper is your singletrack soulmate, the ultimate flow finder. We’ve combined the lightweight DNA of the Epic EVO with the benchmark handling and capability of the Stumpjumper EVO, and in so doing unleashed the lightest, most efficient, most capable Stumpjumper ever.
• All new frame: This is the backbone of the bike. It’s the origin of control and efficiency, and is the centerpiece of any serious weight saving effort. Ready to build, with all the fixin’s an S-4 Stumpjumper chassis is 2,240 grams; that’s damn light! Over 100 grams lighter than the previous Stumpjumper frame. In order to hit our ride quality, strength and toughness targets, we selected the strongest, most expensive carbon we’ve ever used in a mountain bike frame. The FACT 11m frame on the Stumpjumper isn’t just any old carbon fiber.
• The Missing Link: The pivotless seatstay/chainstay of the Stumpjumper leverages everything we’ve learned about building light weight, full suspension trail bikes. By applying our expertise in composites, we were able to ditch 55-grams of hardware, enhance lateral chassis stiffness, reduce maintenance, and precisely match suspension kinematics and chassis stiffness. Lateral and torsional behavior is improved by eliminating the flex intrinsic to mechanical pivots.
• Rx Tuned Suspension: 130mm of Rx Tuned rear travel delivers a ride feel that is precise, lively, snappy and balanced thanks to the combination of the progressive leverage ratio and mildly progressive spring rate. What you feel on the trail is a lively, responsive ride for the first two-thirds of travel, then - thanks to the increasing spring rate - excellent bump force management and resistance to bottoming in big events.
• Rider First Engineered: Our Rider-First Engineered™ process delivers the optimal balance of tuned stiffness, weight and ride quality from all six sizes, ensuring every rider experiences the same ultimate trail ride characteristics.
• S-Sizing: The time has come to ditch S-MD-LG sizing. S-Sizing delivers six sizes, all with similar headtube lengths and standover, to allow your riders to choose the size that fits their style, instead of their inseam. Smaller sizes are more nimble, while bigger sizes are more stable and roomier.
• SWAT and More: Add SWAT, gorgeous paint inspired by the mountains we ride, and the transcendent silence of the quietest chainstay protector in the business. Your riders will be railing trails and expanding their horizons with newfound confidence.
• Alloy Renaissance: Aiming to bring the same performance gains to more attainable price points, we totally redesigned the alloy Stumpjumpers as well, bringing the new geo, Rx Tuned suspension, ride quality and S-Sizing from the carbon models to the metal family.
Given current supply issues and demand for bikes, we have only a handful of Stumpjumper’s available at launch, with more stock due to land by Late Dec 2020. Our allocation will sell out fast, so get in contact to pre order yours! [email protected] or 03 9421 0070