Versatility on Demand with Speed
Expanding greatly on its heritage of conquering the Spring Classics, this 303wheelset maintains its ideal-for-every-terrain with its 45mm rim depth but adds a significantly wider internal width to provide greater performance and ride quality in almost every measurable way. Road bikes are more versatile than ever, no matter the road surface, but just as fast as before. The 303 S offers an entyrely new rim profile and design to optimize rider performance on this new breed of bike. This wheelset is tubeless for disc-brake bikes, allowing the ability to run wide tyres at lower pressures for race-ready speed on or off the pavement.
Standout Key Points of the New 303 S
• New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed.
• Fastest with 28mm, fits wide gravel tyres as well Wide rims optimize tyre profile to allow lower tyre pressure, especially with tubeless. The result is a larger contact patch for increase grip for confident cornering, descending, and handling in wet conditions.
• Lower tyre pressures and larger volume provides a compliant ride with fewer vibrations
• Significant watt savings when running larger tyres at lower pressure
• Wide hookless rims create a seamless transition to the tyre, reducing drag
• 76 / 176 DB hubs with centre locking interface
• XDR driver body option
• Lock ring included
• Lifetime Warranty
Performance Plus Lightweight
The 303 S is among Zipp’s lightest wheelsets, optimized for top aero performance with a 28mm tyre but capable of handling gravel tyres up to 50mm wide. The key innovation is in the 303 S’s rim design, its 45mm rim depth is the same as its predecessor, the 302 Disc brake. But its external rim width is 2mm wider, at 27mm, and its tyre bed is a full 7mm wider, at 23mm internal width. That rim platform is designed to be the fastest with a 28mm tyre. The wide rim optimizes tyre profile to allow lower tyre pressure. That helps to reduce rolling resistance and provides a more compliant ride. The result of all this is a 10-watt savings vs. a top peer wheel in total power required to ride 40kph on a flat road with a 28mm tyre, according to internal Zipp testing. This ground breaking wheelset also features all-new cosmetics, setting the rider apart from the pack.