Only 3 Framesets available at Total Rush - not available to purchase online. Please contact the store to enquire.
Complete bikes only available at: specialized.com
Don’t get us wrong, we’re all for racing. Grand Tour top steps, Classic’s Monuments—they’re in our DNA. But sometimes riding simply to ride, riding for the love of riding, is just what we need. And this is what the Aethos lives for. Sure, it’s given nothing up to performance, and happens to be the lightest frame out there, but with no compromise to style. Aethos: Billions of calculations in the pursuit of one thing—the perfect ride.
And with this frame set, you have the perfect canvas to begin creating your dream ride.
- The Aethos frame has been designed with the perfect combination of ultimate ride feel, light weight, and style—from accelerating up steep pitches and descending technical descents, to all-day saddle comfort on even the longest coffee rides, the Aethos hits the mark. But how, you ask? By reinventing the traditional road shape found on bikes of the past, we’ve subtly altered these shapes to deliver massive gains in stiffness and balance, all without affecting weight or durability. Pair that with an entirely-new layup and process that we’ve perfected over multiple decades and you have the lightest frame out there (585 grams, S-Works, size 56cm). The Aethos is more than just a new bike, it’s the first of a new breed.
- A featherweight frame is useless without confidence-inspiring ride characteristics, which is why we’ve developed the Aethos to have the perfect balance of front and rear stiffness combined with exceptional ride quality. By studying the flexing and breathing of carbon fiber, we were able to discover groundbreaking findings about how forces flow through frames. Just a few pedal strokes and you’ll realize this sublime ride sets a new standard.
- Every detail, from the derailleur hangers to the fork expander plug have been designed with style, weight, and durability in mind—everything in pursuit for the perfect ride.
- Aethos (ay-thoss) is based on the Greek word “ethos” (meaning "character"), which describe the guiding beliefs or ideals that characterize a community. In this case, the cycling community.
- At 585g, it is the lightest production disc road frame ever made. The Founder’s Edition Aethos complete bike weighs in at 5.9kg. To reiterate, this is the lightest disc road bike ever made — and it’s built with OEM parts. There’s nothing exceptionally weight weenie about what is spec’d on the bike.
- Room for 32mm tires, a BSA threaded bottom bracket, and 27.2 round seatpost are meant to simplify the equation for riders.
- A test lab experience truly birthed this bike. While meditating on the ways that frames move under load, our lead engineer Peter Denk realized that true performance lies in the shape of the tubes, not the material. So, while the frame may retain those classic vibes, hidden underneath is extremely advanced tube technology.
- Through these revelations and renderings, we were able to improve the ride quality delivered and also save weight. We eliminated traditional carbon stiffness layers, reducing the plies necessary to build the bike by 11%, as compared to a Tarmac SL6.