The S5 is an aerodynamic road bike built for the fastest sprinters in the world. It is stiffer and more aerodynamic than ever before, while offering excellent comfort and ride quality. If you live for the exhilaration of going fast, the S5 will give you every possible advantage.
The 2021 S5 is the outcome of a comprehensive redesign that married Cervélo’s leading aerodynamics research/knowledge with an acute focus on the rider’s experience and needs. First, we went back to the aerodynamics drawing board and challenged ourselves to see every component’s shape in fresh ways.
Key features of the 2021 Cervelo S5 Disc:
• Aerodynamic savings of 5.5 watts (42 grams of drag) achieved, compared to the 2014 S5 with AB04 (build standardized).
• Head tube stiffness increased by 13% to improve handling.
• Bottom bracket stiffness increased by 25% to increase pedal input and support the additional head tube stiffness.
• Bottom bracket dropped to lower the rider’s centre of gravity, providing greater stability during high speeds and turning.
• Trail length increased to provide greater stability.
• Trail values unified across all sizes, for superior ride and handling qualities at all frame sizes—a particular benefit for smaller frames.
• Aero cockpit comprehensively redesigned to allow concealment of both mechanical and electronic control cables, while allowing easy adjustability.
• Stem stack range of up to 30mm (in 5mm increments).
• Handlebar stack range of 2.5mm, independent of stem.
• Handlebar pitch adjustment in two steps, to 2.5 degrees or 5 degrees.